FREE Programs through the IWK
Welcome back and Happy New Year!
The IWK continues to deliver their FREE wellness programs in a virtual zoom for health care platform as well as offer content to reflect the current needs of families (i.e. focus on anxiety, screen time, behavior challenges, and self-compassion).
The Community Health Teams are a joint partnership between the IWK Health and Nova Scotia Health. Please fine the promotional material attached. Here is what we are currently offering:
• My Child is Anxious. Should I worry? - 2 week program
• Screen Time in my Family - 1 week program
• Self-compassion for parents – 1 week program
• Incredible Years Parenting Program - 12 week program for parents of 6-12 year olds (School Aged) and 14 week program for parents of 3-6 year olds (Pre-school)
• NEW Parenting your Teenager: Walking the Middle Path – 6 week program
• NEW Handle with Care- 8 week program for parents of 0-6 year olds
• Parent/Caregiver 101 Series offered by IWK Pediatric Dietitians & Occupational Therapists - Behaviour 101, Mealtime 101, Toileting 101
The CHT flyer also has many other free health and wellness programs to support your families. This is also attached.